Last Updated July 9, 2021
We use your information to provide and improve the Communications and Membership/Auditing Services.
We only collect personal information if you:
- Sign up for the Communications by submitting your email address; or
- Sign up for membership by signing and submitting a Membership Agreement; or
- Complete a contact form for Auditing Services.
The information you provide is used strictly in performing these two functions. We do not sell your personal information. In order to provide the Communications and Membership/Auditing Services, we employ third party technology and service providers (see list below), which may have access to some of your personal information, but strictly as needed to provide the Communications or Membership/Auditing Services.
If you are not a Me2BA member, and are not signing up for Communications, then we do not collect any Personal Information from you at all as you visit the Me2BA web site. The nature of the technology used in providing online services is such that we will see the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you use to access or use the Me2BA website, but we do not use your IP address in any way other than in responding to the device used when receiving a request to use or access the website. The IP address is retained in automated logs of website activity, but is not stored or used again for any other purpose.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We practice data minimization and collect only what we need in order to provide you with Membership/Auditing Services or the Communications, as applicable.
“Personal Information” means information about a living individual who can be identified from that information (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
When you sign up for Me2BA membership (whether a “Me Member” or “B Member”), we ask you to provide us with certain Personal Information that can be used to contact or identify you, either individually as a Me Member, or as a company/organization contact for a B Member. This Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Credit card or other payment information (number, expiration date, CCV code, etc.)
- Email address
- Street Address, City, State, Province, Country, ZIP/Postal Code
We use this collected Personal Information to fulfill your membership fee payment, contact you regarding your membership, or contact you regarding the activities of Me2BA (e.g., through newsletters).
When you sign up for Communications, we ask you to provide us with your email address. We use this to send the Communications to you via email. No additional Personal Information from you is needed or requested to provide the Communications.
When you submit the Auditing Services form, we ask you to provide certain Personal Information that can be used to contact or identify you as a company/organization contact. This Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Company/organization name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Description of audit needs
We use this collected Personal Information to contact you with information on our Auditing Services.
We will not provide your Personal Information to third parties for any purpose other than to provide you with Membership/Auditing Services or Communications from us. You may opt out of receiving any Communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send, or by contacting us.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Me2BA uses the collected Personal Information for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Membership Services for Me2BA members.
- To send Communications to those who have signed up to receive them.
- To notify members about changes to the Membership Services.
- To allow members to participate in interactive features of the Membership Services when they choose to do so
- To provide member and technical support.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
- To provide information about the Auditing Services.
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
M2BA takes reasonable technical and procedural steps to maintain the security and integrity of your personal information.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information may be transferred to, and maintained on, servers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside of the United States of America and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Information, to the United States and process it there. The Services are conducted in the United States.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We employ service providers to facilitate our provision of the Communications and Membership/Auditing Services, to provide the Membership/Auditing Services on our behalf, perform Membership/Auditing Service-related services, or assist us in analyzing how the Membership/Auditing Services are used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Disclosure for Legal Compliance
Under certain circumstances, Me2BA may be required to disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with an applicable law or a valid order by a court or a government agency with applicable authority and jurisdiction.
Me2BA may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Me2BA.
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Membership/Auditing Services.
- Protect the personal safety of members or the public.
- Protect against legal liability.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (“EEA”)
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
Me2BA may collect and process your Personal Information because:
- We need to perform a contract with you (e.g., your Membership Agreement).
- We are providing the Communications to you at your request.
- You have given us permission to do so.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights.
- To comply with the law.
Your Data Protection Rights Under the GDPR
If you are a resident of the EEA), you have certain data protection rights under the GDPR. Me2BA aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Information we hold about you, and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at DataRights@me2ba.org.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the Personal Information we have about you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update, or request deletion of your Personal Information directly within your Account settings section on the Me2BA website. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the Personal Information we have about you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Me2BA relied on your consent to process your Personal Information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Residents of California may request a list of third parties to which certain Personal Information obtained by Me2BA was disclosed by Me2BA during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes (please note that it is Me2BA’s policy to never provide your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes). If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at DataRights@Me2BA.org. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP Code. In your request, you need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites or services.
Persons under eighteen (18) years old (“Children” or “Child”) are not permitted to access or use the Services.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from Children. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a Child without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
The Me2BA website includes Matomo analytics for anonymized performance metrics. This feature is opt-in, meaning that you must click Accept in the footer popup to consent to these analytics before they are activated. At any time you can change your decision by clicking Cookie Settings in the bottom right.
Me2BA has optimized Matomo’s privacy-safe settings, such as masking IP addresses and any personally identifiable information. Analytics help the Me2BA team understand the effectiveness of our marketing efforts, such as how many people have viewed a piece of content or which sources are sending people to our website. However, it is your decision whether you want to opt-in to this feature and Me2BA wants to be as transparent about this as possible.
By email: DataRights@Me2BA.org
By mail: Me2B Alliance
Attn: Data Rights
3146B Sports Arena Blvd #1004
San Diego CA 92110
Main Line: 619-894-9030